Monday, December 5, 2005

The Browns..


You just gotta love those Brownies.  As some know I am not exactly the biggest Browns fan and haven't been since I was 16 years old and a man named Art broke my heart.  But I decided to put away those feelings for an afternoon and head to an old Brown's backers bar and cheer on Charlie "Akron" Frye in his first start.  Overall, the boy played well (real well first half, so-so second half) and totally deserves the job vs. the Kentucky Bengals.  It actually was a pretty good game to watch, but in usual Ohio sports fashion, Braylon decided to drink the same kool-aid as Winslow and now might be out for the remainder of the season.  Browns lose not only the game but the guy who scored both receiving TD's.  Sweet..real sweet.  

So enough about that..

The Tribe made some headlines in the past few days first with the signing of Paul Byrd for a lot of cash.  Hmm..his stats last season were 12-11 with a 3.75 era...$7 million/year for a 35 year old man..huh.   Ok well I guess I won't question Mr. Mark Shapiro

I think a reason cash might not be an option is that the Tribe are going to spawn their own regional sports network given the Fox Sports Network deal expired after the '05 season.  It seems the Tribe and Time Warner (my employer for now) have reached a deal to have their own station including 130 games being televised plus some additional programming.  So off the bat it won't have to try and be a 24 hour news source, which in my opinion changed the face of sports (think ESPiN News if I lost you).  Only negative is that the Indians Sports Network won't have the 4.8 million reach of FSN because the new network "won't go to the Cincinnati market."  

HA..the Reds are totally in Kentucky.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's also great to see this blog turn into a message board for my buddies, but if you've got something I should post on this bad boy then please email me at burgoon@gmail.com

No comments: