Thursday, January 26, 2006

What do we have here..


Ok folks..so it's that time for the Le-Blog-a-thon coronation.  Now, this pains me to say the winner so to stall I will just give my and Jamie's personal favorite:

LeBronson Pinchot - I mean Karl that was pure genius and you had me seriously cracking up with that one.  For all of you who aren't aware, Bronson Pinchot played Balki Bartokomous on Perfect Strangers.  Quick background on Balki's character:  a sheepherder from the small Mediterranean Greek-like island of Mypos who travels to the United States in search of his relatives.  I mean come on..if that doesn't spell success in American Television well then I have lost faith in the our media.  The show was classic and Balki was so stupid that he honestly ended up being one of the more classic characters of the '80's sitcoms (and that's saying alot).   Here is a link to the intro of the show..classic.

Oh also, before I move on to the winner (yes I am stalling)..  So I went on a family trip to LA when I was about 11 and I was so excited just to walk down the street and see movie star after movie star.  You know..you're a kid.  So anyways the whole vacation went by and I didn't see anyone famous thus not having any cool stories for the kids at school.  And that sucked.  So at the end of the trip we were driving to the hotel for the final time to pack up and who do I see....freakin Balki Bartokomous.  I mean are you serious...Balki.  I had to go back and say I saw Balki..man.  Well whatever..it was hysterical and even at that age I could appreciate how absurd that was. 

So Karl - thanks man..I really appreciated the laugh.  And I will be sending out an appropriate prize for ya. 


So now the winner...well folks most of you know this guy too well and you were all just hoping he wouldn't bring it home.  For everyone else..just imagine the kid who wins every fantasy league and brags about it along the way..  Yea, he's that obnoxious.  So anyways...the name chosen by our Cavs Insider and myself is none other than:

**The Akron Assasin**


So thankyou Paul for adding to the King's current collection of nicknames.  This one hits home while stating that LeKing is simply a bad-ass. 

That's it folks.  Thankyou to everyone who participated and I really appreciate the overall response.  I'd also like to thank the Cavs for being awesome and hopefully one day LeBron will take us to the promise land so we can live out our dreams of finally seeing Cleveland win a championship. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.  I am so honored to win this title.  I mean, LeBronson Pinchot is pretty damn hilarious, and to beat such a great name is wonderful.  It is well deserving of a prize.  But as funny as that name is, the Akron Assasin is dead on.  It honors LeBron's roots and demonstrates what he is: an assasin on the basketball court.  I hope we all can use the name so it reaches prominence in the national media.  If so, while I will take credit between our friends for this name, any credit for developing this nickname outside the LeBlog circle will go to the LeBlog and and its faithful readers.  

Anonymous said...

Mr. LeBlog,

Thanks!  I am humbled and glad you got a good laugh as well as a trip down memory lane.  Alas, with regard to LeBron, the Balki comparison only goes so far.  Maybe its a nickname better left for the San Antonio fans and their beloved manu (blech, sorry, i just vomitted in my mouth a little being a detroit fan and all).  

Anyways, long live the King and long live the AK Assassin.  Good work Paul -- well done indeed.

NOW, how do we jump-start the marketing campaign?  May I suggest something like this?  http://gapersblog.typepad.com/gapers_blog/images/public_enemy_logo.jpg

cheers

Anonymous said...

uhh...let's hold our collective breath and hope that LeBron does not turn into the last Cav with that knickname...Shout out to Trajon Langdon--the Alaskan Assasian.  

Anonymous said...

Are you comparing: (1) LeBron to Tranjon, in any sort of way; or (2) Akron to Alaska?  Please, neither one is a good comparison.

Anonymous said...

May I offer a simple change of letter to the brilliant LeBronson Pinchot moniker.  Let's change the c to an s to make LeBronson Pinshot.  What do you all think?