Monday, January 16, 2006

Awful..


well..this is a sad state of affairs for our Cavs.  After losing to Kobe Bryant, I thought we could re-group vs either the Suns or Blazers, but that apparently wasn't the case.  (sorry I couldn't post on Friday but thx to my buddies for providing some excellent commentary on the Laker game).   So last night vs the Blazers was just sad.  We shot 23 three pointers and made 6.  Six three pointers.  Are you freakin kiddin me.  I mean we need to realize our three point shooters aren't exactly hitting and re-allocate those shots to the inside or even take the inside jumper.  Donyell..1 for 4 from the line and 2 for 7 from the field.  What the hell is that.  Hughes is down and we need our other "experienced" players to step up.  I don't expect anything anymore from Damon, but Donyell you're a smart player.  Your gonna lose those minutes to the Wild Thing (who was great in his short stint last night), but you might also just lose your shots to another white boy named Luke while your at it. 

Damon..well I have nothing to say to you.  I heard your mom was telling you the first step is to admit your in a slump, but you obviously seem to still get as giddy as a school girl when you make one shot.  You were 3 of 10 last night from downtown.  And I recall you gloating on all 3 buckets...I hate you right now. 

So we have a long season ahead of us.  I kinda feel like I am saying this every year, but there is no excuse this season.  Our defense is finally taking shape, but now..the offense is the problem.  Z and Bron have done their part and if it's not going to be Damon or Donyell adding their share, it's time to give our dwindling bench (Luke) some serious PT.  I don't know if that's the answer, but one thing is for sure...it's time to finally follow the team motto the organization put in place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree Mr. LeBlog.  There is nothing to say to Amon Jones (his new nickname given by many Cleveland fans).  There no "D" in Damon because he plays NO D.  He sucks!  Snow is starting to get under my skin a little.  He is a great reserve, but he is absolutley killing us on O.  He struggles to get the ball upcourt and his shot is so ugly.  I now cringe everytime he and Ira shoot the ball... UGLY.  

There is a lot of talk here that Luke needs to get more PT.  The reasoning is it can't get any worse.  Andy coming back is hige and will keep us from having to play Henderson much.  The big deal is Dony and Amon.  They need to hit shots and Dony needs to head to the blocks and post up a little bit, especially with Drew going down.  We must win these these next three on the road and finish the month winning 5 of the last 8.