Wednesday, January 18, 2006

We need a win..


Some of you might have noticed the LeBlog-a-thon has not been decided yet.  Honestly, I can't possibly decide on a winner given our current losing streak.  I mean you have to understand that.  So I have spoken with Jamie who hosts Sports Bloggers Live (as well as actively pursuing an interview with LeBron) and he is going to judge the new nickname for LeBron once the Cavs break this little streak. 

Speaking of..tonight we continue our west coast trip playing the Nuggets.   Some are still dubbing it the LeBron vs Melo show, but c'mon.  I mean Melo is lame.  He might sell a lot of jerseys, but LeBron is the real deal.  Now, LeBron vs Kobe...that's a matchup.  But the LeBron vs Melo "rivalry" is so 3 years ago. 

Anyways, when the Cavs pull out a W, I will send over the names to be judged un-biasedly.  But the good thing is that the contest is still open.  I have some decent suggestions here, but I know this group can do better.  If you haven't (or even have) submitted a nickname, go ahead and enter here or shoot me an email. 


Finally, look at this quote from Damon Jones in the Rocky Mountain News.  This is in reference to the Chosen One and by golly I hope this is a joke...

"The marquee guy is going to get the majority of the accolades and the majority of the press coverage," Cavaliers guard Damon Jones said after practice Tuesday at the University of Denver. "Because of it, some guys get overlooked for some special things that they do, but that's the nature of athletics. If you're in it for the publicity, you're in it for the wrong reason."

You got a lot of guts saying something like that..first: given how you act & secondly: when you're shooting as awful as you are.  Remember you're getting boo'd by your home crowd. 

On a brighter note..Go Cavs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im sick to my stomach. I just got done watching that game, and what the hell are we thinking. LeBron shoot the ball, not only did we get 3 chances to win this game, LeBron is not clutch. He will not be great until he can start to win under pressure. This is twice on this west coast trip and if any one was watching ESPN they had an amazing stat, LeBron James is 2/15 in game tying or winning shots with-in the last 10 seconds, 2 for 15, are you kidding me, that is freakin terrible . . His good friend Carmelo is 7/11, clutch. I am sick of this team, if we do not win the next two on the road, I have no clue what I am going to do. LeBron's newest nickname should be LeChoke, until he can prove to me he can take this team on his back and bring us to victory in these close games so Sasha (where was Luke) is not taking our last shots of the game . .

Sorry Im venting, Im just sick to my stomach.