Tuesday, November 29, 2005

There's always next week..


well..as i mentioned there was plenty to be thankful of heading into the holiday break, but leaving it was just about as awful as it could get.  My buddies and I were witnesses to two of the most poorly played games I have ever seen.  Ever..I mean almost as bad as late 90's Cavs.

We couldn't hit anything vs the Pacers or Timberwolves.   I began the Timberwolves game by asking what exactly does Eric Snow contribute, then sadly realized his point total was 7 times that of Donyell's and Damon's combined.  I mean it was bad, real bad. Apparently it was too much pressure for the young team with people home for Thanksgiving, a 6 game domination streak at home, and of course the blue jerseys.. 

Obvious highlights include a spectacular performance by the King both shooting and dunking.  His drive to the left then slamming it down with the right hand was out of control.  The team had just gone down at that point and we needed him to take over.  The King knew his role, but one man can't win it all.  This team will grow or rather this team HAS to grow.  I agree with the comments in the previous post about dishing Snow.  He is really not worthy of a starting spot on the floor.  I mean Damon not starting shouldn't make a difference, but you just feel someone who is that cocky actually will be happier thus play better if he starts.  Let Snow go to NY and attempt to save that awful team.  And I can't wait for Anderson to get back.  Our defense now is struggling and we need more than Bron's/Hughes steals.  Granted Gooden is playing better than 'almost' everyone on the team, but Andy's energy adds a whole new dynamic to the game. 

Overall, the team is still learning the ropes and if we want to make it in the East we have to beat Detroit and Indiana.  With the Clippers around the corner then a 3 game West Coast road trip, it's going to be another tough week.  (I still can't believe the Clippers are actually a force in the NBA).  Anyways, I hope our shooters are practicing a little extra this week..

No comments: