Tuesday, November 8, 2005

I've Got a Feeling


You might be asking why I didn't post after the opening night domination of the nomadic Hornets.  Well..while I was crazy excited after the victory, I knew it was still just the Hornets.  Our team was in synch..Donyell, Damon, and Hughes all played their part.  At times it was quite easy to forget LeBron was actually the team's star..well until the 3 point parade. 
One thing I noticed is that the media coverage was light after the opening night victory.  While CLE fans had already placed the Cavs as important as Jesus, most of the sports world knew it wasn't yet time.  And they were right.  Then the next game rolled around.  Now granted it was vs the Spurs, but we just couldn't hang post halftime.  It was very rough..  First the Spurs, then the Grizzlies, then the skeptical press. 

Even though we handled the Raptors quite easily last night, I think this team is gonna need a good 20 games to get their rhythm.  There are just too many new players introduced before each game.  Keep in mind Anderson would have probably been our starting PF if not for his injury (remember Gooden had a scoring mentality last year).  The one thing Cavs fans should be happy about is that our bench is deep.  I mean I will argue with anyone that our talent is better top to bottom than any other team in the Association. 

The tricky part will be how to layout our offense.  I think after a few games it's quite clear Damon Jones will shoot from anywhere on the court no matter how many people are in his face.  And now we have Donyell who wants to shoot plus we have the King who apparently practiced his shot (a lot) at the JCC this summer.  Then when Luke gets in, that's all he really wants to do (although he made a few sweet drives to the hoop last night).  I mean we went from a team where Z was one of the top shooters to basically a Three-Point Contest roster.  This obviously isn't a bad problem to have and I have no doubt Mike Brown will cleanup everyone's role in thenext few weeks. 

This season the Cavs have more rebounders, stealers, shooters, and slashers than I have ever witnessed in my lifetime as a fan.  Right now, I am just excited to watch our team grow together and with time this team should start to take shape with roles being ironed out.  Until then..we just have to watch the beginnings of something really special.  Think of it like being in Liverpool
at the Cavern Club in the early 1960's ...yea, that ended up working out pretty well..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude. Sonic blogger here. Looking forward to our game against the tradition rich Cavs, you make your own decision on what kind of tradition. Won't knock the Cavs. With the team we have this year in Sea town (not C town) I think we'll be lucky to match last yrs unexpected success. I remember back in the days of the big fros and the Cavs 1st savior was gonna be Austin Carr, didn't work out. Always liked Craig Ehlo. Hope we leave ya in the dust but I strongly doubt it. I'd be happy w/ just a W. Isn't Donyell hurt? Cya.

Anonymous said...

You freakin' le killed us!

Anonymous said...

Note from inside the gund:

  I have never exprienced a better sports moment than when LeBron James recieve the alley oop from Donyell Marshall, and watching the entire Quicken Loans arena errupt into what some might describe as a riot. This group is not fully together on the court as you can tell by some un needed turnovers, missed oppurtunities and they just don't see the extra pass quite yet, but it is comming.

  As for the rest of the Quicken Loans, as Gilbert promised they are working on the new seats. The enitre lower bowl is now Wine color, and it looks amazing. The scoreboard is out of this world, and absolutly amazing.

  I realize I have a limit on characters so I will leave you with this. This is going to be a freaken season to remember.

  P.S. The bobbleheads are amazing. Pretty cool, and better than the previous two.