Sunday, February 12, 2006

Not good..


Well first I would just like to apologize for not keeping this blog more up-to-date.  The life of leblog has been crazy busy over the past week so I was looking forward to the Friday game vs the Wiz as a nice, relaxing night and more importantly a victory.  But that was not the case. 

After two wins early in the week, our boys were on a roll and I was ready for them to head into DC and stomp the Wiz.  Last year was rough as we folded vs the Wizards around playoff time.  But now our team was looking good as Sasha is playing real well and Bron Bron continues to be the Assassin.  Pre-game talk on the radio and in the paper commented how the Cavs should bring this one home even without iHughes.  I was psyched.

So the game began and after one quarter this was looking like a great night of basketball.  Even with Bron off in the first half, it seemed like we were gonna be ok as the points were distributed nicely.  Damon, Donyell, & Sasha were nailing em from outside.  And Gooden was definetely earing his paycheck.  All was well even though the game was basically tied.  Given the game was that close, people around me started talking some trash.  Clothed in Cavs gear from head to toe I expected to get harassed, but Friday was rough.  It turns out I was surrounded by the 'real' Wiz fans.  I sat up top for the first time and it seems that's where the real DC bball fans are..shocking.  The topic of iHughes leaving was still a very sore subject so I made sure to pour a little salt on that wound.  Surprisingly, they had no comment and were psyched he was not playing now, but definetely not looking forward to seeing him in the rematch in April. 

So I survived the halftime trash and with our team off to a lead early in the third I kept on dishing it.  Bad move..  So Bron kept missing and missing..alot.  He not only let me down but disappointed all the little kids sporting his jersey by shooting 6 of 23.  Man that sux.  And the team was mad frustrated.  Z as everyone knows just went nuts.  I have never seen that rage come out.  From my point of view you could even seen Z knock over a table heading to the locker room.  He was pissed and should be as the charging call was indeed BS.  And it just got worse for me and our boys..

It got to a point where I was getting harassed from everyone around me.  Women, men, kids...not cool.  Luckily some Cavs fans moved to my section for a better view and helped receive some of the smack.  See the beauty of it is that their team is still way worse off than us so I didn't give a crap.  In fact, I didn't care about the smack talk regardless, but I wish we could have made the second half more of a game.  The second half was awful on our end and with Arenas trying to prove the NBA he was rightfully snubbed from the All-Star game it got nasty.  That guy is damn good and personally would look great as #0 in a Cavs uniform.  So no one was hitting any shots, yet we still kept launching 3's like it was the night of Feb. 18.  We have to stop with this 3 point strategy.  Granted I was psyched we were hitting 3's in the first half, but knew we couldn't keep it up.  With no one hitting shots and no Center it got ugly.  I stuck around till the end even though it was over early in the 4th.  Sux..

So the game as sad and according to tko9er the Golden State loss was even more pathetic.  Great weekend guys.  With the Spurs and Eva Longoria in town tomorrow, It's not gonna get any easier. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Golden State game on Saturday was much worse than the Wiz game.  For one, you knew Arenas was gonna go off and we never have an answer for the other teams PG.  

As for the Warriors, who were without B. Davis and T. Murphy, I felt like we were definately going to get the W... before the tip-off at least.  You could see there was no sense of urgency and we thought we could win this game anytime we wanted.  We are 18 - 7 at home this season and of those 7 losses 5 are to teams below .500.  That is garbage and our coaching staff should be held accountable for this.  I know the players are the ones who have to execute, but when you head coach comes makes comments like, "We lost this game because we didn’t execute on either defense or offense. I don’t care if LeBron took 10 shots or 30 shots. If we play the way we did tonight, it’s going to be a tough season for us. We have to play with a bigger sense of urgency than we did tonight. " how can you expect to win.

I sometimes get upset with Brown, but I do Like him as our coach and I think he can take us to the playoffs, but I believe the coach has to be the sparkplug sometimes, especially when your team consistantly loses to under .500 ball clubs @ home.  To me, this is inexcusible and if it happens again... it is nobody's fault bu Browns.  He must get these guys ready to play and play hard every possession.  Hopefully tonight we right the ship!

Anonymous said...

To add insult to injury, according to cleveland.com Larry Hughes will be having a second sugery on his middle finger tomorrow in Baltimore.  He wll most likely be out for the season.  Still should make the playoffs, but this is Cleveland so who knows......

Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side-- Jamar Butler was Big 10 player of the week, JeKel Foster is shooting 53% from the arch on the season, the Bucks are steam rolling to the Big Ten title, and next year's class is prob. the best in the country.