Tuesday, July 19, 2005

We'll Take It


Well at least it's a win, not a 9 inning win, but a win.  After getting swept by the White Sox, the Tribe beat up on the shady Royals in a 5 inning double rainout.  But it's a win and that is something we so desperately needed.  I think hearing that Hafner is ok will also put Tribe fans in brighter spirits as he is expected to be back in the lineup anytime this week. 

Also, last night the Tribe dealt Jody Gerut to the lame Cubs for Jason Dubois (pronounced du-Boyce).  And apparently Jody didn't have a clue about this trade.  Check out this quote:

"I'm shocked," Gerut said. "It's crazy. I guess I'm not quite ready to turn the page. But as soon as I clear out my locker, I'll be ready to turn the page."

Hopefully Dubois can provide that right handed power this lineup is looking for.  And to be honest, when was the last time you heard the name Jody Gerut anyways.  With Sizemore and Crisp lightin it up, it was easy to forget good old Jody. 

On other trade rumors with the state down south, Kentucky, it seems the Reds are denying all rumors about trading Dunn to the Tribe.  No shock on this denail but I guess trading with the enemy is ok as long as he can forget his horrid roots. 

Roger Brown of the Plain Dealer is a believer in a CC for Dunn trade.   Something to think about..


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, we made another move today.  Welcome Donyell Marshall to Cleveland everybody.  Over 41% on 3 pts (over 150 made last yr in 25 min a game).  Now we need a PG and it looks like Drew is on his way out.  Go Danny!