Friday, July 8, 2005

Is it true?


so despite the rumors yesterday, I think this one might be valid.

we shall see..


UPDATE:
As we all know, the Cavs did indeed get Larry Hughes.  While I would have liked to get Redd given we really needed a shooter and his Ohio connections, I am more than content with Hughes.  He is a playmaker and amazing defender, something we lacked..well I guess with Bron nothing lacks but still..another defender doesn't hurt deep in the playoffs. 

But the reason this signing was so special is that I am surrounded by Wizards/Bullets fans.  And let me tell you..when I started saying the Cavs are getting Hughes before it was in the major media sources (thx ABJ), the comments I heard were priceless.  People just laughed and said we are gonna get Hughes just like everyone else wants to go to Cleveland.  The Boozer comments even came out.  People don't want to believe anyone will go to Cleveland.  And of course, people didn't believe it b/c the Wiz had found their nucleus.  The Hughes/Arenas/Jamison trio was their future.  But now..nothing.  The team must once again rebuild.  One person even said lets bring Jordan back one more time.  With Bobby Simmons gone, their options are few. 

And the greatest part was talk radio.  Not only was this a huge story last week (even ahead of the first place Nats), but driving home on Monday all I heard for 20 mins was "I can't believe Hughes left..what are we gonna do?"  The announcers agreed this was NOT a good move by any means and that in two years the Wizards might look back saying we recovered nicely...but then they all agreed this thinking was just blasphamy.  The Wiz took a hurtin and I am very happy it was at my expense. 

Believe me..once those Hughes jerseys are released, I will be grabbin one of those and sportin it around town. 

As one friend from work stated, "Now I know how it feels to be shit on." 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chad Form confirms it... http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2103569

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME, BOOGIE!