Thursday, July 28, 2005

First Akron then Asia


Looks like good old Nike will be whoring..I mean hosting LeBron James on a three-city tour of Asia beginning in August.  King James will be heading out to Tokyo, Beijing, and Hong Kong to visit and work with kids in basketball programs and fund-raising efforts in Beijing.

"I'm very excited about going to Asia," James said in a statement. "I've heard a lot of great things about the basketball culture in Asia, and I can't wait to meet the kids, and inspire them with my style of play, and be inspired by theirs."

I mean who writes this stuff...

Also, watch your mailbox for the latest issue of XXL as LeKing will be on the cover. 

Cavs Update:
It seems the interest was 'strong' from the Cavs in obtaining Marko Jaric.  Bad thing is that this interest was also 'strong' from the Nuggets.  We need to grab a PG quick given Juan Dixon is now gone to Portland and concerning Damon Stoudamire, ex Bron agent Aaron Goodwin says the Cavs "haven't made any significant effort" to sign him.  "I don't think that we fit in [the Cavs] plans."


If he doesn't pan out looks like we go after Damon Jones & Earl Watson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all,

I was just walking from lunch back to my office in Willoughby, OH.  I ran into Mike Brown and his two boys.  They were in all Cavalier gear and headed to one of my favorite places to eat.  On the way, I asked Mike who our next point guard is going to be and he said... "We are working on it and if the guy does well, then it was his decision, but if not to blame Danny!"  My partners and I thought it was pretty funny and he was super nice guy.  It appears things with the management team are working well and the they are looking to bring Cleveland a winner, something we badly need.  Just a funny story.  Go Cavs.

Anonymous said...

Great story TKO... that is the type of insight that I can only find on the LeBlog.