Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Moving On..


so..we all know the game last Saturday was pretty lackluster.  The first quarter was well..LeAwesome.  TD's, some TG2, some actual defensive play.  Overall, it was very entertaining to watch.  But after the first quarter things got kinda lame and kinda upsetting at times.  Garrett Wolfe, who came oh so close to beating the Akron Zips last year, basically ran all over our inexperienced defense.  I mean the kid is very good and truely a great college athlete, probably too small for pros but whatever.  Overall, the game was fine.  If anything, I am hoping it was a game to clear the cobwebs and get ready for this weekend. 

Oh yea..this weekend.  I think I have read about this one.  Texas vs. OSU you say.  Yea..#1 vs #2..first time ever this early in the season..Ya know, I have heard about this.  I know some of the LeBlog contingant is heading down to Austin tomorrow & Friday to "witness" this spectical.  Let's hope it was better than my little road trip last year to C-Bus for the same matchup.

So I am sure most of you have heard by now, but those amazing Buckeye fans will be taking over two Austin landmarks.  OSU has rented out Stubbs BBQ (yes, that Stubb's BBQ sauce) Friday & Sat and the Erwin center (basketball arena) for the Sat. pep rally.  Uhh..ya. That's pimp and Austin folks are not happy.  I mean this is basically the equivalent of the Longhorns renting out the Schott for their Pep Rally. 

Besides that it has been an exciting week of incidents involving the usual pot and guns.  And of course ESPN worthy news such as Tressel's apparent vote for Texas as #1.  But anyway, this should be an exciting one.  With pro football kicking off tomorrow and college football really kicking off this weekend (I am excluding UM vs FSU yes), I think it's time to get geared up for the Fall. 


Giggidy, Giggidy...Giggidy, Goo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, 20 and a half hours.  I need a drink to take the edge off this wait...