Monday, September 19, 2005

Now that was a weekend


no joke kids..in the eyes of a CLE fan it doesn't get much better than that.  Tribe with a sweep, an OSU win, and folks..even a Browns victory.  Not bad..not bad at all. 

Even though this is primarly a Cavs blog, the Tribe deserves center stage given their insanely hot streak in the month of Sept.  Our hitters have been on fire and the media is recognizing.  ESPiN is actually giving us props as we are ranked #2 in the power rankings.  Damn..for a team that is 1/5 the payroll of the Yankees, we are provin that being young & scrapy with a nothing to lose attitude is the way to go.  Does this sound familiar..well it is..it was the plot line for a movie.  MAJOR LEAGUE.  yep..we shall see though as the season is far from over.  But tonight is huge as we take on the AL Central leading WhiteSox (and hopefully I can find a bar with the game on).  But as of today, we are 3.5 games out of the Central and 1.5 up on the Yanks for the Wild Card Race.  Insane..

So the Cavs have been quiet in terms of the news minus the one-year signing of Alan Henderson who will help fill the gap de Anderson.   In case you aren't aware, our new thug Henderson just got his loaded gun charge dropped last week.  Yea he is ready for the CLE. 

So yeah..Browns win but I can't possibly comment on that.  Buckeyes win, but I didn't see a freakin play as I was at a wedding..but check out my pics from the OSU vs Texas game.  Oh yea and the Family Guy episode last night was a Grade A.  Nice weekend indeed. 


P.S. As you have noticed, LeBlog hasn't been updated too much as of late given life is crazy and work is well up in the air. Once everything is squared away, I and a few contributors will be updating LeBlog on a more consistent basis. Oh and I figure I owe you all a totally random link so here you go..Mrs. Eric Wedge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, i'm not a Browns fan but i was pumped to see the Brownies beat GB - 80 ppl less to worry about in my suicide pool ;) And hey, someone by the name of Dilfer won a SB ring back in 2000. And this guy's got the gritty, underdawg mentality Clev sports teams have come to master. Alright, I know GB is just one game and Favre and the Pack are old, but hey... it's a start and the season is still young.

Now I can't comment on the Indians. I'm a Red Sox fan and I'm just hoping my bosox get the job done in the East. Otherwise, they may find themselves fighting for their (playoff) lives against the Tribe. Yikes.