Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Zen My Friend

Wow…where to begin.  Well, on Sunday the King threw up 56 points.  On Monday, our coach was gone.   And once Tuesday rolled around we looked like the best team in the league.  

While each of these occasions deserved a post of their own, I felt like I needed to gather my thoughts on all this.  There is a lot of change and it’s happening fast. 

When it comes down to it….the transformation to the Cavs 2.0 has begun.

Dan Gilbert hasn’t even been in command for a month.  To be honest, anyone minus the King should be sweatin their role in the future of the Cavs.   I think we all know Silas (and his son) aren’t gonna be the only ones departing the Home of Rock n Roll. 

In looking back to Sunday night’s game vs. Toronto, I think that was probably the worst these Cavs have played since well..Ricky Davis’ fake triple double.  After receiving a text that LeKing scored 56 points, I jumped out of my seat only to check a losing box score.  Not only did we lose that game, but our PG (for that game) had 0 points…yes 0 points in 40 mins.  And our bench..1 freakin point.  Awful..simply awful.  I don’t care if LeBron had 56 pts, that was the worst game all season.   The only bright spot was the post game interview with the Chosen One where he showed no happiness in breaking the scoring record for a youngin.  That guy is so well spoken it’s just too much.  So anyways..

best popup ever (thx b squared)

That brings us to Brendan Malone…well Brandon bravo last night on the V.  I mean whatever you did worked.  Maybe it was the players trying to prove something, but I have no idea.  Even Gooden stated, "I'm impressed with what (Malone) did, with the new plays he put in and the defensive rotations."   Not bad vs. one of the best & hottest teams in the East.  But Brendan..are you really here to stay?

Well…I mean you did fine and during the game Danny G. did say you were hired through the end of the season.   But I wouldn’t be surprised if your job and even the whole front office is wiped clean.  Yeah Paxson..you might be next buddy.  Gilbert is ready to revamp this organization from top to bottom..which I think every Cleveland fan out there can agree is definitely a good thing.  Come on..when’s the last time a rich young owner came in and wanted to turn around a franchise let alone a city.  Wait..didn’t Rachel Phelps try to turn this team around..oh no she wanted to run it into the ground even more.  Damn you Paramount. 

Even though Brendan might be our coach for another month (or hopefully 2), I think we all know Brendan is not the successor to the Big Man.  That leaves a few candidates.   The front runner now is Flip.  Not only does Mr. Flip have a cool name, but he is from Cleveland.   Flip has stated he is on hold till the off-season, but I have a hunch we might name a new coach soon.  Dan knows the clock is ticking and I expect massive changes to this team, both on and off the court, in the next few months. 

Let me throw out one more rumor everything is thinking.  The Zen Master…yes.  He just seems like the coolest dude and his philosophy on the game is proven.  Boy would our team be insane.  I think everyone knows by now that LeBron is certainly no joke as he continues to break every record in the books.  Think about it Phil.  Michael > Koke > LeBron.  That wouldn’t be so bad.  C’mon Phil…Cleveland is a chill place..I promise you would dig it.   Ok so I won’t get too excited, but I am happy his name still remains in the rumor mill. 

We shall see what happens, but there is no doubt this organization is gonna be different at the start of next season. 

Coming Soon:  The Cavs 2.0
Get on board all you bandwagon fans. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just thought I'd pop in to see what your J was about.

-dolores

Anonymous said...

Phil Jackson is a good coach but he's more of a product of his teams' success than he is the reason for it. He inherited Jordan and lucked into Pippen, he got to pick the Kobe/Shaq Lakers. The triangle offense so often associated with him isn't even his, it was designed by Tex Winters. And the Lakers fiasco proved his ability to soothe egos is overblown as well. I'd like to see the Cavs get Flip Saunders instead. Then again, when they sign Michael Redd next year, it won't matter who is coaching the team.
And Paxson must be fired ASAP.