Friday, October 13, 2006

Can't Take the Heat


As just about everyone on the net has reported, the Gilbert Arenas article in Esquire was freakin weird.   It's a good read and the little talk about Bron confirms that Bron is indeed a baller.  It also confirms that my "altered" NES controller actually made a difference during game 6.  Read below..


NORMAL PERSON: In between those free throws against the Cavs, LeBron came over, pressed his hand against your chest, and said something to you. What did he say?

ODD ONE: He said, "If you miss this shot, you know who's gonna hit the game winner."

NORMAL PERSON: What went through your mind?

ODD ONE: I wasn't even thinking about it. Like, I heard him. But I don't miss free throws. That's the thing: I never miss free throws at the end. And this was a big free throw. The first one, I shot it, and I went, like, What? That wasn't me. It reminded me of this movie I saw where a kid is controlling the ball from the stands. All of my balls hit the front or back of the rim—nothing ever to the left or right.

NORMAL PERSON: In the middle of all that, you're thinking about the mechanics?

ODD ONE: Yeah.


So back to reality..Luke Jackson is gone and no Cavalier fan cares.  Welcome aboard Dwayne Jones and look forward to your fouling skills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In a season preview by John Hollinger. He writes up a preview and predictions for each team. My fellow LeBloggers This is the final paragraph in his article about our beloved LE CAVS!

In short, I think King James' time is going to be sooner than some folks expect. Somebody has to win the East this year, and the other contenders all have obvious flaws. So does this team, of course, but between James' brilliance and the strength of the frontcourt, I expect the Cavs to be the last Eastern team standing.