Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Buckeye Movement


thanks to a few buddies (paulev7 & markymark428) who forwarded along two very interesting articles this AM.


First, Jim Tressel addresses the chances of him coaching in the NFL.  This has been tossed for years but we never really took it seriously.  But in the article, Mr. Sweater Vest actually didn't rule out the possibility of moving to the awful Pro level.  So yea you would think that would piss off most Buckeyes, but actually his response was anything but.  The Plain Dealer (the other CLE Sports source) cited a source close to Ohio State that the Browns might be the only NFL job that would interest Tressel.  Huh. 

Now, this is interesting.  While it would be awful for Tressel to leave tOSU, I think I might be ok with this.  The Browns are obviously in some pain and fans are really upset.  But I think Tresselball might actually translate pretty well into the Pro's. (FYI..I am by no means a Pro Football expert or fan for that rather, so if someone would like to comment or analyze this move, please drop me a line or just comment).  Anyways, Tressel is building himself quite the legacy at Ohio State and maybe if we steamroll everyone else this year it might be time for him to go.  Very interesting topic. 


Ok the next article involved another Buckeye who is lookin for some Heisman love.  And no I am not talking about Troy or Teddy (or even Tony for that matter), but this is indeed someone from the great city of Akron looking for some 2007 Heisman hardware.  In this article, Antonio Pittman is pretty serious about this for next season, which means he will be back (and hopefully will run to the right).  Antonio is def improving by the game and with some big names gone next year, the kid might have a shot.  After reading this article I learned that if Pittman stays for his senior year and stays on his current rushing pace, he would need only 693 yards to surpass Eddie George (3,668) and be second behind Griffin (5,589).  Damn.

But what article from an Akronite would be complete without some stellar quotes:

About his time at tOSU, Antonio had this to say, "Positive,becausethere’s a lot of things I haven’t accomplished here," he said, "like honestly, I want to win a Heisman Trophy. That’s the ultimate goal, bring one to Akron."

"Everybody back home knows," Pittman said. "I said it right in front of Buchtel High School, I said, ‘That’s where I’m going to put my trophy, right in the middle of this high school."


Amen brother.  What I wouldn't give to see him throw up the Akron sign before they hand him the Heisman trophy.

No comments: