Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ridiculous


I mean seriously..that game was ridiculous.  We played their game..defense.  We found their weak point..driving to the hoop.  And we played with more heart.  It was freakin insane.  I am still speechless. 


E. Snow..amen brother.  That was quite a peformance in the second half.  Not sure where those skills have been in the past few years, but glad to see you shine when it matters most.  Anderson was redonkulous.  Dare I say he has been our Pippen in the past two games.  I am loving the LeBron-Andy pick n' roll.  And the King played off, but still almost got a Triple-Double.  Not many of the Cavaliers had their slickest game, but in the end we scored just enough and played solid D.  Man am I happy. 

So it's 2-2 folks.  I can't believe I am writing that.  After a trip this morning to St. Louis to pay respect to Justin Hughes, the Cavs are off to Rock City.  Wednesday will be tough as Detroit realizes they can't be cocky one bit.  This should be a great matchup.  But as usual..if we can head into the final quarter down by less than 10, we have a shot.  As Reggie Miller keeps saying, we have one thing Detroit doesn't...a number 23. 

I love this game..


Update:  I have been searching around the net for some thoughts on the game and found this one very interesting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me add how amazing The Q was last night.  Our fans were awesome and in it the whole game.  Many people told me you could hear it coming through the TV and how loud and wild the fans were.  It was electric!  There were a lot of Piston fans in our house and it was so sweet to see them walk away dejected and stunned.  They expected to come to Cleveland and get a split.  We held court and are coming home again on Friday, when the crowd will be even more energized.  

I have gone to many games this year and I know the organization has made strides to constantly entertain the home crowd (t-shirt sling shot, ball toss, the contests, Ahmad is great (he's the crowd energizer guy), The Q Stix, Moondog, the Scream Team and of course the lovely Cavalier girls) and they all do a fabulous job.  During timeouts they really work to keep the energy growing.  I commend Gilbert and the entire organizatrion for making our house a great environment, putting a quality product on the floor and our fans for making The Q one of the toughest places to play... something we could not say during the Gund Arena days.

Anonymous said...

1.  Go Cavs.  I never imagined that we'd be in this position coming into this series.  Kudos to the King's Disciples for grinding it out and beating the Pistons not once, but twice at their own game.  LeAmazing.

2.  I'm not ready to pencil in Varejao as a starter just yet, but he has once again proved more than his worth as pure energy on the court.  Taking that charge won the game for us when LeBron was struggling from the line and the field down the stretch.  Andy is effective against Detroit because you can't construct a gameplan to contain him.  Detroit will likely (I won't guarantee a la Rasheed) figure out how to guard the LBJ/Varejao pick and roll by game five.  I don't think Flip ever expected for Andy to be such a big part of our gameplan.  Andy's real test will come when the Pistons don't write him off and construct a gameplan with him in mind for game five.  I am ready and willing to retract everything I have ever said about Andy if he can bring it in Detroit's house tomorrow.  In the meantime, let's not forget that Rasheed backed down Andy like a rag doll in the post even with a bum ankle, and on switches on the perimeter, Detroit's guards blew him every time.  In Drew's defense, he at least put up some resistence in the post and played solid perimeter defense on Chauncey Billups on the same switches.  If Andy is going to start next year, he has to put in some serious time in the weight room.  I hate to dwell on this stuff, but I'm just writing what I saw.

3.  It took Jordan three losses to the Pistons in the playoffs before he got the monkey off his back.  The Bulls lost 4-1, 4-2, 4-3 to the Pistons in 88, 89, and 90.  While the Jordan comparisons might be unfair, I can't help but think that LeBron will conquer his demons sooner than any of us ever imagined.  Keep the faith, Cleveland.