Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Oh My..


I'm not sure if it was lazyness, maybe it was lack of passion, or it could simply be the lack of anything solid to come out of Ohio sports in the past few months.  But anyways..after reading the headline this morning that LeBron is taking Mandarin Chinese lessons..I got chills.  I got the LeBlog chills.  Once again the King has proven to me and hopefully now the world, that he is willing to take those extra steps to becoming the greatest (and richest) athlete ever. 

So onto the loving..Brain Windhorst has this ridiculous article about the extravagence that is LeBron.  I mean check this:

"Just inside room 748 at the Renaissance Hotel, two mannequins guarded the door and marble hallway like Nike sentinels.  Dressed head-to-toe in Team USA basketball garb, on their feet were LeBron James' two newest shoe designs. The walls were plastered with James photos, model action shots, studio shots and high-fashion glamour shots
.  In front of gold curtains and a giant rack of Nike basketballs, the man himself lounged on a black leather couch, his back resting against a throw pillow with his picture on it."

Umm..that's freakin sweet.  Maybe it was LeBron commitment to his HOME that caused Nike to really commit to marketing him as the greatest ever...no wait, it was money that drove Nike.  Well anyways, I see no other way to treat a true athlete from Akron (except I am wondering about the lack of women with snakes around their necks).  I hope all his post game interviews are conducted in a throne.  I think a petition might be in order for this treatment if he can bring the city of CLE a championship. 

Speaking of CLE pain, I was reading the Browns preview on Deadspin and this guy, James Frey (yes, that James Frey) basically sounds like um..every CLE sports fan over 30 years of age.  I think the 20's are still inspiring, but I can imagine another 5-10 years of true sports pain could cause a man to have a pretty awful outlook on life.  Glad I have these things to look forward too. 

But yea..as far as I hear, the Browns are going to have another long season, but tis might not be the case for our boys from Franklin (County).  The Bucks were ranked decently high for the pre-season.  Who knows though.  I am finally feeling alive again with football around the corner and the Cavs season on the horizon.  I am sorry I haven't been around for a while, but I think times have changed.  A summer of awful Indians baseball just kills yea, but things are looking up for our teams. 

Ohio is the State..

No comments: