Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Absurd


ok so i am glancing over at the always reputable espn.com and notice one of the top headlines is about good old Ohio State.  Given the news now-a-days, I figured it was the usual feel good OSU story, but wait..no this isn't a rip on OSU and of course it isn't a compliment..this shit is absurd.  I mean as a Buckeye I am a little shocked by this one.  I know we are crazy fans and love to buy anything with scarlet & grey on it, but come on.  What the hell am I talking about..cereal folks, cereal.

I mean I love the Buckeyes, but going up against Count Chocula is another ballgame.  So what is this nonsense all about?  The cereal is called Buckeye Heroes and hits shelves this Saturday, the opening day of the season.  What does it look like..well they are honey-nut-flavored toasted oats..uhh.  Pretty original guys.  Check out this quote:

"We couldn't make them 'block Os,' so we made them Os," said Rick Van Brimmer, director of trademark and licensing services at Ohio State.

This isn't the first food item to have some OSU love slapped on it. There is pasta, chips, salsa, hot dogs, mustard and hot sauces, as well as candy Buckeyes.  Tom Schmieder, marketing VP who is making Buckeye Heroes said, "OSU's fandom is just a different breed."

uhh...yea (and yes I will be buying a box). 

No comments: