Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Update Action


ok folks..i am alive.  Contrary to popular belief I was not trampled to death at the George Mason / UConn game.  While the guy sitting next to us almost fell off the top balcony, me and my buddies made it out alive.  In fact if you want to see what we saw, look at this video.  This was taken by the guy next to us and it's making the rounds on the world wide of webs.   So the Mason game was..nice.  Yea it was nice...I mean i cant offer a review here given the subject matter.  Even though I reviewed the U of AK bowl game, that is different cause it's Akron.  Anyways, if you want a good review, check out Jamie's account of the game as a blogger with credentials.  But in summary, it was insane, amazing, and LeBron worthy.  Not sure if a proper name can be used as a descriptor, but whatever. So that is that.  Go Mason..yes Go Mason in the FF.  I mean I do live a mile from campus so I can cheer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So our Cavs..news is that Larry Hughes is on schedule to return.  So what to do with Flip once Larry returns..it seems the Cavs will have to rely on one of the two salary-cap exceptions - mid-level & bi-annual.   Sounds good to me, but Brian Windhorst doesn't think it will be so easy.  

And our magic number is 1.  Tonight baby..clintch it.  And I mean if we don't make the playoffs then I guess that would fit in perfectly with the history of CLE sports.  But this is happening. 

On the topic of CLE Sports and Flip might leaving, I received an email from a fellow CLE sports nut who recently put up a site which is very intriguing, but also very scary.  He talks about the one thing this blog will not acknowledge, because well someone has to believe 'it' won't happen.  Anyways, this guy runs a site called the SportsTalkNetwork and they recently launched a website which 'attempts' to predict if the AK Assassin will stay or go.  And by go I mean kill Cavs basketball.  What is the site you ask?  It's called The LeBron Meter.  The meter gauges the effects of past and present events on Lebron's willingness to commit to the Cavs for the long-term.  Huh..  Well, as painful as it is to think about, I will probably keep an eye on this. 

That's it for now and I hope to make some more updates sooner.  Go Cavs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations cleveland fans.  good luck in the playoffs